About Funjet Vacations
- 8907 N. Port Washington Road
Milwaukee, WI 53217
- Telephone: 414-351-3553
Customer Service: 800-558-3060
Web site: www.funjet.com
Funjet Vacations is a family-owned business that has been fulfilling travelers' vacation dreams since 1974. We are committed to creating vacations that far exceed the expectations of every customer and providing the best end-to-end service at every step of the way. It is our customers' collection of experiences and memories that defines us; and it is our own desire for memorable experiences that fuels our passion to provide them with opportunities to truly do something they'll never forget. Staying true to these core values during thirty-plus years in business has helped us create a company we're proud of.
When your customers travel with Funjet Vacations, they'll never return with anything more precious than memories.
- Mike Going, President
- Funway Holidays was established in 1974 as a division of Manpower, Inc. In 1975, Funjet was established, and the following year, William La Macchia and another partner purchased the entire retail and wholesale travel division from Manpower, Inc. and merged Funway Holidays and Funjet. By 1980, La Macchia became the sole owner of Funway Holidays Funjet and, in 1983, founded its parent company, The Mark Travel Corporation. Funway Holidays Funjet, renamed as Funjet Vacations in 1994, has grown from 10 employees to a multi-million dollar vacation company.
- Located in Milwaukee and Orlando, the reservations centers operate seven days a week, Monday through Friday 7 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.; and Sunday 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (CST). Travel agents can also access reservations inventory 24 hours a day through electronic distribution systems.
More than 900 vacation travel destinations are offered in Mexico, the Caribbean, Costa Rica, Europe, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Nevada, and throughout the US and the world.
- Staffed by our experienced customer service representatives, the Traveler Assistance Center provides personal service to travelers 24 hours a day. Charter passengers receive the services of a Funjet Vacations representative in the origin and the destination. Funjet Vacations offers an optional Pre-Travel Penalty Waiver which allows clients to cancel their reservations at any time and for any reason prior to departure and guarantees the lowest available price advertised by Funjet Vacations.
- To provide every travel agent and customer with choice, assurance and value through the commitment of its employees and travel partners.
- Extensive selections of popular vacation destinations, air carriers, hotels and value-added options. Flexibility for customers to go on vacation whenever they want for as long as they want. Ability to plan and purchase their vacation travel packages with as much or as little assistance as they'd like.
- Customers will be taken care of from their first contact with us, through planning, purchasing, and every aspect of their vacation until they return home.
- We offer the benefits above at an affordable price.
- Funjet Vacations has been a three-time winner of the Las Vegas Tour Wholesaler of the Year and has been awarded the Mexico Ministry of Tourism Tour Operator Award of Excellence. Funjet Vacations received the key to the city of Las Vegas from the Mayor in 2002 and the key to the city of Cancun from the Mayor in 2003.
- Go Funjet provides travel agencies with a link that takes their customers directly to a version of funjet.com that is co-branded with their agency. There, customers have the ability to purchase vacation travel packages online and the travel agency receives full commission for the sale. Funjet Vacations may be accessed through VAX VacationAccess at www.vaxvacationaccess.com, a travel agent Internet-based booking tool. Participation in electronic distribution systems such as Apollo, Galileo USA's LeisureShopper®, WORLDSPAN® TOUR SOURCE®, Amadeus® Tour Source® and SABRE® Tours enables travel agents to access inventory information 24 hours a day and process bookings and cancellations through their agency computers under the vendor code FUN. Consumers can call their local travel expert or visit www.funjet.com to purchase their vacation package.
- United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA)
$1 Million Consumer Plan
American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)
Listed with ASTA's Tour Operator's Program (TOP)
Travel Industry Association of America (TIA)